June 3, 2009

Flower Finders

One of the funnier things I've done while planning our wedding is my trip to Hall's Wholesale Flowers with my mom and sisters. My florist gets her flowers at Hall's so she suggested that I go there and look at flowers to get a better idea of the ones that I wanted for our wedding. After flying by the building twice in my rush to find it and meet my mom and Elizabeth who were already there (and only seeing the building because Rebecca yelled out from my passenger seat "There's Mama and Libby on the side of the road!"), we finally made it in to look at flowers. The workers at Hall's were really nice and let us look around but kept insisting we borrow their jackets before we went into the coolers to look at those flowers. We finally relented and put their jackets on...how cold can it be in a cooler of flowers we thought? Turns out it is very cold! Our sandal-clad feet were quickly frozen and after a quick inspection of the flowers and some cold drops of water on our heads from the ceiling we were ready to leave; but, we had some good laughs and learned it's more comfortable just looking at flowers in magazines.

Elizabeth and me inspecting flowers for our bouquets.

Rebecca pointing out something she liked.

Mama and Libby laughing at mom's borrowed jacket.

Water dripping on our heads.

Looking at the various shades of pink daisies.

4 comments:

Elizabeth S. said...

The "drip" picture is cracking me up...and you can thank me for that one!!!

Rebecca said...

Um, I beg to differ! I took that picture!! Hello! Do you see that I'm only in ONE picture...because I was behind the camera the whole time. Humph. MOH/MOH fight.

Elizabeth S. said...

Oh...hmmm. I guess I was standing by you when you took it and I looked at it right after you took it. Ooops!! But I did take pictures too and distinctly remember taking SEVERAL of just you posing with your tulips. Boo ya!

The Hokansons said...

Fun times! I remember those guys from Hall's. They never offered me a jacket. :-(