March 9, 2009

Engagement Photo Shoot

Julie and I have our engagement photo shoot coming up in early April at the Botanical Gardens where we were engaged (http://gabeandjulie.blogspot.com/2008/08/engaged-at-botanical-gardens-in.html) and that will be a lot fun. But with only one photographer (is that a Baldwin brother?) and not the hoard of paparazzi pictured above.

Julie's sister, Rebecca, is coming home from NYC that weekend and will be tagging along as our "handler". I'm not sure what all I'll make her do: carry extra socks or wipe my brow if I get sweaty but she can rest assured that is just the tip of the iceberg.

I'll admit that I'm a little nervous about being photographed. I've never done anything like this before and don't feel very comfortable in front of a camera. Julie, however, should be a pro as her Dad films everything his daughters do. I'm sure it won't be that bad as Julie will help me and our photographer is really outgoing and has a bubbly personality. Having Rebecca there as my comic fodder will help too. Love you, Beta!

I'm going to shave my beard (and subsequently five years off my face) for the engagement shoot and wedding and that will be tough but I'll survive. Though I'm going to do it the old-fashioned way and not on a dare after Idontknowhowmanybeers at a beer festival. Don't drink and shave, kids. You have to admit that is a sweet 'stache though.

They wanted to shave one side of my face (for a free hair clipper set) and leave the other side bearded but I wussed out and just went with a mustache. I should have done it!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

What do they say - always the handlermaid, never the handle??
My track record with Libby and Chris's pictures shows I'm the best person for the job of powdering, fluffing and chasing. HOWEVER, I've never had a subject as - shall we say - interesting as you. I'm not a miracle worker, Gabe, and I'm also not diving into the reflecting pool when you lean a little too far over to check if there are any crumbs in your stashe.