May 29, 2009

Thanks, Daddy!

Since my dad, Gary, has three daughters and has been surrounded by nothing but girl stuff for the past 32 years, it was inevitable that he'd be involved with wedding planning. When my sister, Elizabeth, got married three years ago I remember him being very adamant that the music at the wedding had to include the "here comes the bride song" and wanting certain foods at the reception. When I started planning my wedding, Daddy got into the dress shopping and venue planning areas of weddings. Daddy was our chauffeur on several dress shopping adventures and spent many hours camped out in dress shops (sometimes offering opinions and sometimes just listening to his sports shows on his headphones). He also accompanied my mom, Rebecca, and me on our venue visit with my wedding director, caterer, and florist. Daddy made sure to inspect the grounds and ask questions about yard maintenance, ant control, and had wedding planning comments that were actually helpful. So by the time my other sister gets married, my dad should be a fully trained wedding coordinator. Thanks for everything, Daddy! I love you!

Daddy reading a magazine while he waits for my sisters and me to try on dresses.


Daddy taking a break.


Daddy was tired of sitting in the dress shop so he sat in the car.


Daddy at our visit to The Sonnet House.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Daddy's a girl!! :) Poor thing.

The Hokansons said...

After participating on the danceline at UAB football games, I should think wedding planning would be a breeze for Daddy Mummert!

What a trooper! And proud papa I'm sure!

Love,
Emily