May 20, 2009

Tool and Gadget Shower

I must confess that I was just as excited about our Tool and Gadget Shower as I was my Bridal Tea and I'm pretty sure I was more excited about getting tools than Gabe was. I had done my research and I knew what drill we needed, the best gardening tools for our needs, and more gadgets than I can list here. What I didn't realize is that "gadget" can be any fun thing you can think of! Our terrific family and friends showered us with anything from "Mr. & Mrs." luggage tags, cuddly embroidered blankets, and a crock pot to pruning shears, a drill, and tool boxes (we got two of these so we have "his and hers").

Our lovely hostesses did a fabulous job with the shower. Everyone had a great time and enjoyed the wonderful barbecue dinner and the amazing view.

The hostesses
(Anne Reynolds, Judi Douglas, Anna Barnes,
Cheryl Phillips,
Linda Lunsford, Beth Jones, Marilyn Barnes)

The barbecue chef, Tom Lunsford.

Wonderful food.







Anna Barnes and my sister, Elizabeth.

Lauren Rives laughing with me, Gabe's mom and my mom.

Gabe with our friends Ben Lunsford and Daniel Rives.

My sisters, Elizabeth and Rebecca

My parents, Doris and Gary

Gabe and his mom, Cheryl

My brother-in-law, Chris, and Elizabeth



Matching tool belts

One of our great "his and hers" tool boxes



Rebecca showing Gabe how to put on the tool belt.

No comments: